Search

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Google Docs, Rocks!

The first one to really stand out at me was the tracking of who read the document and when. I find myself often frustrated when I don't get the input required from some staff, and I know that they open their emails, but whether they go to the extent of actually looking at the documents, I'm not sure - contributing is a whole other level. I can see this feature being very useful.

...And the always handy availability of past versions. I try and save all of my work in versions, but not even having to think about it is definitely a bonus!

Tips to share (other than those posted above)...
Allowing people to sign in and edit a document without actually having a google account. Very handy! I tend to have that many accounts and passwords that i start to lose track of which one goes where. So i can imagine the frustration for staff when I want to start collaborating with Google Docs and the response I get is "But I don't wanna have a gmail account" - This feature does open up potential security risks with outside parties possibly contributing in a destructive rather then constructive manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment