Search

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I <3 You Tube

I am a YouTube fanatic, it is a great resource for anything and everything. I even have some videos of my own on there :)
YouTube and Google Video have a broad range of information that varies from extremely useful including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator (etc) tutorials, to the weird and wacky including Daft Hands:


I had never considered using YouTube or Google Video to promote my library, but it might be a nice idea. They could be used for Informational Videos, Tutorials or even promotions like the "Geek the Library" campaign, where people record what they "Geek" and Embed it on the www.geekthelibrary.org website. I love seeing what people "Geek" and have even considered posting my own video.

I wonder if it is worth having something like this connected to our blog so that as staff we can post items and allow for the community to contribute. It would also be useful for instructional purposes, short videos on how to Locate items in the catalogue, reserve items, and access many of the research databases available. People tend to learn through the use of visual aids, and although many of the people in our region do not have extensive internet capabilities, it may be worthwhile having a DVD or CD-Rom that they can take home and view.

1 comment: