Search

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Online Apps

I have used Google Docs before this exercise, but have simply never had the need to use them. But as I work more and more with people in remote areas (or more remote than mine) I am seeing the need for a collaborative documents. Currently i have .pdf versions of all of our documents on an Intranet but i don't want anyone other than myself to edit these.
I can see this being more beneficial for say a media release, a column or article where there are numerous people who must edit, return it to the original creator, edit again, and on and on the process goes.
I am slightly disheartened that although i believe that something like this would be beneficial, i know that it will not be utilised properly, or if it is the novelty will wear off quite quickly for most people and they will return to creating documents on their PC and emailing them around to the desired recipients.

No comments:

Post a Comment